BOISE, Idaho (WNCN/KBOI) – A climber who died Tuesday after falling 40 feet was identified as a 33-year-old man from North Carolina, KBOI reports.
The Ada County Sheriff’s Office in Idaho identified the man as Peter A. Kraines. He was from Moore County, according to public records.
Reports pointed toward an equipment issue that led to the fatal fall at the Black Cliffs Rock Climbing area. Another climber called 911. Paramedics and deputies tried to save Kraines, but he died at the scene, KBOI reports.
No other information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘Leaning Tower of Dallas’ becomes tourist attraction after failed implosion
- Durham residents upset after dozens of newly planted trees removed at city’s request
- Purse lost in 1957 found behind school locker 62 years later
- Officer escorts 8-year-old girl to father-daughter dance after her dad’s death
- NC Rep. Linda Johnson passes away
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now