BOISE, Idaho (WNCN/KBOI) – A climber who died Tuesday after falling 40 feet was identified as a 33-year-old man from North Carolina, KBOI reports.
The Ada County Sheriff’s Office in Idaho identified the man as Peter A. Kraines. He was from Moore County, according to public records.
Reports pointed toward an equipment issue that led to the fatal fall at the Black Cliffs Rock Climbing area. Another climber called 911. Paramedics and deputies tried to save Kraines, but he died at the scene, KBOI reports.
No other information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now