GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Police on Monday released the names of the victims involved in Sunday’s fatal shooting outside the Chicken Shack restaurant in Greenville.
Police say 21-year-old Cortavious Arrington was shot and killed during the encounter.
C-allah Coombs Jr., 22, was shot and received treatment at Vidant Medical Center for a non-life threatening injury.
Detectives believe the shooting stemmed from a fight between several people who knew each other.
Police said both victims were shot by a third person at the Chicken Shack at 425 Hooker Road.
Shortly after the shooting, a suspect was taken into custody at the City Gas on North Greene Street, but police say he has not yet been charged with a crime.
Detectives are reviewing the facts of the case with the Pitt County District Attorney’s Office to determine what charges are warranted.
According to police, the suspect is not considered to be a flight risk or a danger to the public.
- Wake Forest neighbors of husband accused of killing wife say there was history of domestic violence
- 580+ videos released by Raleigh police capture candid moments of officers during George Floyd protests
- An inside look at how North Carolina counties review absentee ballots
- Tropical Storm Zeta strengthens, is expected to regain hurricane status Wednesday
- 3 Wake County high schools confirm COVID-19 case associated with athletics
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now