SALISBURY, N.C. (WBTV) – One person died and three others were injured in a shooting Sunday afternoon in Salisbury.
Police said a fight escalated into a shooting around noon in the 900 block of East Lafayette Street.
“This is very preliminary information,” said Salisbury Police Chief Jerry Stokes. “We know that a fight was occurring and it escalated to where shots were fired.”
One person was fatally shot, another was airlifted to Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem with serious injuries and two others, including a juvenile, had non-life-threatening gunshot wounds.
Police say no one is custody or has been arrested, and they aren’t sure whether the shooting is related to a shooting in the same area on Friday.
“…nor do I have any information I can share on identity or possible suspects,” Stokes added.
No other information was provided.
Copyright 2020 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Looking to get the COVID-19 vaccine in Durham? North Carolina Central University has appointments available
- Texas couple reunites for first time since pandemic for 50th wedding anniversary
- New Mexico governor set to sign recreational marijuana bill
- Will Smith film departs Georgia over voting restrictions
- Chapel Hill to hold public meeting about Fordham Boulevard Sidepath project