SALISBURY, N.C. (WBTV) – One person died and three others were injured in a shooting Sunday afternoon in Salisbury.
Police said a fight escalated into a shooting around noon in the 900 block of East Lafayette Street.
“This is very preliminary information,” said Salisbury Police Chief Jerry Stokes. “We know that a fight was occurring and it escalated to where shots were fired.”
One person was fatally shot, another was airlifted to Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem with serious injuries and two others, including a juvenile, had non-life-threatening gunshot wounds.
Police say no one is custody or has been arrested, and they aren’t sure whether the shooting is related to a shooting in the same area on Friday.
“…nor do I have any information I can share on identity or possible suspects,” Stokes added.
No other information was provided.
Copyright 2020 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- The future of the Senate: 35 seats up for grabs on election night
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Wake Forest neighbors of husband accused of killing wife say there was history of domestic violence
- 580+ videos released by Raleigh police capture candid moments of officers during George Floyd protests
- An inside look at how North Carolina counties review absentee ballots