TYRO, N.C. (WGHP) — One suspect is in custody after a chase ended in a fiery wreck in the Tyro community, according to the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday morning, Davidson County deputies launched a chase after a string of thefts from cars.
Deputies used spike strips causing the suspect’s SUV to drive into a field, come to a stop and catch fire.
The sheriff’s office said the suspect was under the influence of an impairing substance. The suspect was taken to a local hospital to be checked out.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Duke University identifies COVID-19 cluster at apartment complex
- Johnston County man talks about success after antibody treatment for COVID-19 at WakeMed
- Hauser, Huff lead No. 8 Virginia past Syracuse, 81-58
- Florida parents have been handcuffing child in closet for 16 hours a day since Christmas, deputies say
- Portland mayor pepper sprays man during mask dispute at restaurant, police say