ASHEBORO, N.C. (WFMY) — Asheboro police arrested a 37-year-old man they say fired a gun at an event center early Sunday morning.
Around 1:47 a.m., police responded to reports of a man shooting a gun at Rey Azteca Event Center on North Fayetteville Street.
Minutes later, officers found Gilberto Pulido Rivas lying in woods near the event center with a handgun.
Detectives determined that Rivas, of Robbins, fired multiple shots. One person was grazed by a bullet and had an arm abrasion. There were no other injuries.
Rivas was charged with attempted murder, possession of a firearm by felon, going armed to the terror of the public, shooting into an occupied dwelling, and possession of cocaine.
Rivas is currently in the Randolph County Jail with a $1 million secured bond.
- Massive fire destroys NC beach house with 16 bedrooms, listed for $4.8 million
- Woman hit by stray bullet in her home when man mishandles gun in Rocky Mount, police say
- Teen charged with rape, strangulation after woman out walking is sexually assaulted, Rocky Mount police say
- 9 children killed in 15-car crash caused by drenched roads from Tropical Storm Claudette
- Man charged after woman shot when he mishandles gun, Raleigh police say