GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – One person died and another was injured Thursday in an officer-involved shooting at an Aldi store in Greenville, police said.
Police said the incident was reported around 2:45 p.m. at 4515 East 10th Street.
The initial call came in as a male being aggressive toward customers in the parking lot. When the officer approached, the suspect pulled out a gun and was then shot by the officer.
The suspect died at the scene.
A bystander was struck by a bullet and transported to Vidant Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.
The officer involved was not physically injured but is being evaluated.
The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation is investigating, as is standard procedure.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Holiday traditions underway in DC today: White House Christmas Tree, presidential turkeys
- Second stimulus checks: Biden, Democrats push GOP for more virus relief
- Santa Claus is immune to COVID-19, says Dr. Fauci
- Walmart Black Friday: See the deals that start this week
- Man seen exhaling on women outside Trump golf club charged