LUMBERTON, N.C. (WNCN) — Two teenagers were wounded — one of them critically — in a shooting outside a store in Lumberton Saturday night, police said.
The incident was reported around 9 p.m. as a shots-fired call near the Aldi store at 3725 Fayetteville Road, according to a news release from Lumberton police.
As officers were rushing to the scene, they learned at least one person was shot in the area.
“Arriving officers found two juveniles shot — one age 15 and one age 14. Both were taken to Southeastern Regional Medical Center for treatment,” the news release said.
The older teen was in critical condition Saturday night and was being flown to another hospital, police said.
Anyone with information should call the Lumberton Police Department at 910-671-3845.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her