CONOVER, N.C. (WJZY) – A 10-year-old boy was shot and killed Friday afternoon in Conover, according to the Catawba County Sheriff’s Office.
The deadly shooting occurred just before 2 p.m. Friday in the Woodleaf Court neighborhood in Conover, authorities told sister station FOX 46.
The child was rushed to a nearby Charlotte hospital with critical injuries before passing away, according to Capt. Aaron Turk with the Catawba County Sheriff’s Office.
An investigation is underway.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man arrested after trying to enter DC security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials, documents say
- Dancing trucker turns up at inauguration protest to promote peace
- Small numbers of protesters gather at fortified US capitols
- Two teens fatally shoot each other in Louisiana
- Families, activists hold protest demanding Durham Housing Authority fix problems