WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – The Wilmington Police Department is investigating after a 14-year-old was injured in a shooting Wednesday evening.
According to Jessica Williams, spokeswoman for the police department, officers received a ShotSpotter alert in the 1500 block of Kennedy Plaza in the Houston Moore community around 8:30 p.m.
When police arrived, they found a 14-year-old male suffering from a gunshot wound.
He was taken to New Hanover Regional Medical Center for treatment. As of 2 p.m. Thursday, he is listed in stable but serious condition.
If you have any information, please contact the Wilmington Police Department at 343-3609 or send an anonymous tip to Text-A-Tip by texting “CRIMES” (274637) and starting the text with “Tip708.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.