WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – The Wilmington Police Department is investigating after a 14-year-old was injured in a shooting Wednesday evening.
According to Jessica Williams, spokeswoman for the police department, officers received a ShotSpotter alert in the 1500 block of Kennedy Plaza in the Houston Moore community around 8:30 p.m.
When police arrived, they found a 14-year-old male suffering from a gunshot wound.
He was taken to New Hanover Regional Medical Center for treatment. As of 2 p.m. Thursday, he is listed in stable but serious condition.
If you have any information, please contact the Wilmington Police Department at 343-3609 or send an anonymous tip to Text-A-Tip by texting “CRIMES” (274637) and starting the text with “Tip708.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Purse lost in 1957 found behind school locker 62 years later
- Officer escorts 8-year-old girl to father-daughter dance after her dad’s death
- NC Rep. Linda Johnson passes away
- Svechnikov, Niederreiter help Hurricanes beat Predators 4-1
- Hot ticket: Private border wall bolsters demand for South Texas riverboat tour
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.