HIGH POINT, N.C. (WGHP) — A standoff in High Point came to an end Monday night with two deputies shot and the suspect killed, according to Guilford County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Brian Hall.
Around 8:30 a.m. Monday, a deputy came to a home in the 4000 block of Braddock Road to serve civil papers.
A man at the north High Point home shoved the deputy and retreated inside and barricaded himself in the home.
Gunshots were heard throughout the day inside the house.
Nearby homes were evacuated.
Authorities breached the home around 7 p.m.
Two deputies and the suspect were hit by gunfire during a shootout. The suspect died from his injuries.
There is no word on the extent of the deputies’ injuries.
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19
- Winning jackpot numbers for Mega Millions are chosen
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Durham city leaders pass nondiscrimination ordinance, includes hair
- Police, parents outraged over camera found inside girls changing room at Tennessee cheer studio