HIGH POINT, N.C. (WGHP) — A standoff in High Point came to an end Monday night with two deputies shot and the suspect killed, according to Guilford County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Brian Hall.
Around 8:30 a.m. Monday, a deputy came to a home in the 4000 block of Braddock Road to serve civil papers.
A man at the north High Point home shoved the deputy and retreated inside and barricaded himself in the home.
Gunshots were heard throughout the day inside the house.
Nearby homes were evacuated.
Authorities breached the home around 7 p.m.
Two deputies and the suspect were hit by gunfire during a shootout. The suspect died from his injuries.
There is no word on the extent of the deputies’ injuries.
- Mugshots released of all 4 former officers charged in death of George Floyd
- Local attorneys step in to provide free representation for people arrested in protests
- How Americans respond to death of George Floyd, protests, and how Trump has handled it
- Protests and activism in the social media era
- Blue Lights College teaches policing with compassion during time of unrest