CAMDEN COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) - Two people died after a motorcycle collided with a vehicle Sunday in Camden County.
Sgt. EJ Forbes with the North Carolina State Highway Patrol said the crash happened at the intersection of U.S. 17 and Morgans Corner Road.
Forbes said 17-year-old Brye Baker was making a left onto U.S. 17, failed to yield and collided with a motorcycle going south on U.S. 17.
Two people on the motorcycle were ejected in the crash.
Paramedics took them to the hospital where they died.
Baker was taken to the hospital for treatment, and was later charged with failure to yield and misdemeanor death by vehicle.
Troopers identified the victims as 59-year-old Charles Bryan, of Portsmouth, Va. and 42-year-old Melissa Brooks, of Chesapeake, Va..
Highway patrol does not believe alcohol and speed were factors in the crash.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- NC TEACHER ENGAGED IN SEX ACTS WITH STUDENT, SHERIFF SAYS
- 3 ARRESTED IN LARGEST HEROIN SEIZURE IN NASH COUNTY HISTORY, DEPUTIES SAY
- 3 ARRESTED AFTER ELDERLY COUPLE ROBBED AT GUNPOINT IN GREENVILLE
- 4 CHILDREN, GUNMAN DEAD AFTER FLORIDA STANDOFF
- OLYMPIC SKIER BODE MILLER'S TODDLER DAUGHTER DROWNS IN POOL
Several people arrested after NC meth...
NC county faces 4 rabies cases in 3...
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- NC county faces 4 rabies cases in 3 weeks
- Stolen weapons recovered in NC drug bust
- Man arrested, another sought after teller shot during Durham bank robbery
- Gov. Cooper to President Trump: 'Stop the economic damage to our state'