KENANSVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Two people and two dogs escaped a Duplin County plane crash on Thursday without injury, WNCT reports.
Duplin County emergency responders were alerted to a plane crash near Tram Road around 10:30 a.m.
The small, single-engine plane was equipped with a parachute that helped it reach the ground at a safe speed, WNCT reported.
Two people, along with two dogs named Willa and Abby, escaped without injury.
The destination of the plane was not released but Tram Road is located approximately 8 miles northeast of the Duplin County Airport.
The cause of the crash was not immediately available.
CBS 17 will update this story.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- All Florida school districts must reopen campuses next month, Dept. of Education says
- Chicago man who fired gun into murder victim’s grave given 15-year sentence
- Beats by Dre announces Bubba Wallace endorsement deal: ‘Hate cannot win the day’
- Wilson 12-year-old’s car seat invention helps prevent babies from dying in hot cars
- Young girl among Chicago’s July Fourth weekend of 17 killed, 70 wounded