CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE)- CMPD says a two-year-old child was shot in west Charlotte this evening.
Police were called to the 1400 block of Camp Greene Street just before 6:28 p.m., officers responded to an assault with deadly weapon call.
Upon arrival, they found the toddler with an apparent gunshot wound. The child was transported to the hospital by Medic with life-threatening injuries.
The condition of the child is not known at this time. FOX 46 is working to gather more information.
- Virginia school officials confirm incident involving sexual images during online class
- Arrest made after park ranger run over at Hanging Rock State Park
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg is first woman to lie in state at US Capitol
- PHOTOS: New foal addition to the wild horse family in Outer Banks — it’s a girl!
- Florida taxi driver caught sexually assaulting blind woman in cab, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now