WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A 22-month-old child was shot in Winston-Salem, according to Crime Stoppers of Winston-Salem Forsyth County.
At about 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, police responded to a report of a shooting on the 500 block of Dunleith Avenue.
At the scene, officers found the child suffering from a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
The child, identified as Damien Lopez Rumbo, was taken to a children’s hospital in critical condition.
According to Crimestoppers, the child was in a blue Nissan minivan when he was shot.
It is unclear if the shooting was accidental or if the child was struck by an intentional gunshot intended for someone else.
- Woman, 2-year-old child held at gunpoint during armed robbery, Goldsboro police say
- COVID-19 in NC: Hospitalizations surge to 1,724 – shattering previous high
- Keep the mask: A vaccine won’t end the US crisis right away
- Nevada, Pennsylvania certify Biden as winner of presidential vote
- US agrees, for now, to stop deporting women who alleged abuse