WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – The second suspect in an alleged armed robbery that ended in a fatal wreck Sunday now is in the New Hanover County Detention Center.
Authorities say that Amy Lynn Miles, 38, was a passenger in a car driven by Thomas Willoughby, Jr., who is accused of leading law enforcement on a chase that resulted in a collision that killed an innocent bystander on Wrightsville Avenue.
Miles, who was taken to New Hanover Regional Medical Center after the wreck, was booked at the detention center Tuesday evening.
She has been charged with:
Robbery with a dangerous weapon
Three counts of larceny
Possession of drug paraphernalia
Aiding and abetting an impaired driving
Conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon
Officials say Willoughby was running from officials after an alleged armed robbery at the Walmart in Porters Neck Sunday morning when he crashed into Sean Alan Evans, 51, of Raleigh, on Wrightsville Avenue.
Willoughby, who is being held without bond, faces more than a dozen charges, including first-degree murder.
Miles’ bond has been set at $255,000.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Chase for the Championship | VT’s hot start, UNC continues domination
- 2-year-old German Shepherd will forever look like a puppy due to rare genetic condition
- Busted power pole concerns Durham residents
- Toothbrush punctures throat of 5-year-old girl after she fell while brushing her teeth
- Sexual assault survivor, senator advocates for new act to protect women against violence
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now