RANDOLPH COUNTY, N.C. (WFMY) — Deputies charged three people accused of sneaking drugs into the Randolph County Detention Center.
The Randolph County Sheriff’s Office says a detention officer began an investigation on July 16 and found Suboxone inside the jail.
Charges were filed against Donald Ezra Leonard, 57, and Martha Upchurch Canoy, 75, on Monday for felony aid and abet, providing drugs to inmate, and felony conspiracy.
The sheriff’s office says Robert Wayne Taylor, 54, was also charged with felony conspiracy. Before the end of the investigation, he’d been transported back to Piedmont Correctional Center where he was serving a sentence for felony breaking and entering. The sheriff’s office says Taylor will be brought back to Randolph County Detention Center to serve his outstanding warrant.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- WakeMed nurse arrested, charged with sex offense and kidnapping
- I-440 reopens after earlier police investigation
- One dead after early morning shooting in Raleigh
- Last El Paso shooting victim laid to rest on Saturday
- As Durham homicides increase, residents rally against violence
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now