RANDOLPH COUNTY, N.C. (WFMY) — Deputies charged three people accused of sneaking drugs into the Randolph County Detention Center.
The Randolph County Sheriff’s Office says a detention officer began an investigation on July 16 and found Suboxone inside the jail.
Charges were filed against Donald Ezra Leonard, 57, and Martha Upchurch Canoy, 75, on Monday for felony aid and abet, providing drugs to inmate, and felony conspiracy.
The sheriff’s office says Robert Wayne Taylor, 54, was also charged with felony conspiracy. Before the end of the investigation, he’d been transported back to Piedmont Correctional Center where he was serving a sentence for felony breaking and entering. The sheriff’s office says Taylor will be brought back to Randolph County Detention Center to serve his outstanding warrant.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Suspect in custody after 17 year-old shot outside Smithfield Walmart
- Holly Springs officer transporting prisoner involved in pileup on US 1
- 6 Fort Bragg pilots to perform helicopter flyover before Army-Navy game
- 2 killed in multi-vehicle wreck in Fayetteville
- Police: Man wearing blonde wig, high heels, on the run after robbing NC bank
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now