GREENSBORO, N.C. — The Greensboro Police Department has been made aware of five officers and two non-sworn employees that have tested positive for COVID-19, according to a GPD news release.
All of the employees are recovering at home and reportedly doing well.
The GPD is following all CDC recommendations and taking appropriate precautions to help reduce the risk of spreading the virus to more employees, officials said.
The department has requested testing for employees that have had contact with the COVID positive employees and decontaminated involved work spaces and equipment.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham residents want peace as police adjust to combat surge in gun violence
- Students concerned after COVID-19 clusters confirmed at UNC housing
- Despite cancellation, dozens turn out for vigil honoring Cannon Hinnant
- Homicide of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death, police say
- UPDATE: Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now