GREENSBORO, N.C. — The Greensboro Police Department has been made aware of five officers and two non-sworn employees that have tested positive for COVID-19, according to a GPD news release.
All of the employees are recovering at home and reportedly doing well.
The GPD is following all CDC recommendations and taking appropriate precautions to help reduce the risk of spreading the virus to more employees, officials said.
The department has requested testing for employees that have had contact with the COVID positive employees and decontaminated involved work spaces and equipment.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Senate Republicans can shut door on immigration reform with filibuster
- A look at how Wake County is prioritizing vaccine distribution
- 2 men killed, 2-year-old injured in shooting at Asheboro apartment complex
- Dr. Fauci says it’s ‘liberating’ to be a part of a science-friendly administration