CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) – Police are searching for two suspects after five teenagers stole a vehicle with a child inside Sunday morning.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg officers responded to an armed robbery of a vehicle on North Tryon Street, near Heathway Drive around 8:30 a.m.
According to police, the vehicle owner said she had just started her car and put in her 7-year-old child before quickly going inside a business.
Five teens, all described males, then stole the woman’s car at gunpoint with the child still inside.
According to police, the suspects left with the car but later let the child go.
Officers eventually found the stolen car near Shamrock Drive where the five suspects jumped and ran.
Officers followed and have since detained three of the five suspects without incident on North Sharon Amity and Albemarle Road.
- 2 GoRaleigh employees test positive for COVID-19
- Outer Banks island ravaged by storms and virus restrictions
- Virginia rocket launch may be visible for most of East Coast and as far west as Ohio
- NC reports record highs in daily deaths, total hospitalizations due to COVID-19
- North Carolina community colleges to train law enforcement officers on impartial policing
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now