CHOCOWINITY, N.C. (WNCT) – The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a shooting that injured a 5-year-old child.
According to deputies, the Beaufort County Emergency Communications received a 911 call just before 2 p.m. Sunday about the child shot inside a home off N.C. Highway 33 E. in Chocowinity.
A family member tells 9 On Your Side that the young girl’s name is Tiana Moore.
They share that the shots that were fired into Moore’s grandparents’ house hit her in the hip right above her pelvis, causing bone fragments.
The child was taken to Vidant Beaufort, then later transferred to Vidant in Greenville where she is listed in stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Plans for Walkable Midtown moving forward
- US announces sanctions against Iran for attempted election interference
- Searches for ‘When does the debate end’ spike 3,000 percent as candidates wrap up final confrontation
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now