WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — Police in North Carolina say a 91-year-old woman and 62-year-old man have been found shot to death in the home they shared.
The Winston-Salem Police Department has not released a possible motive for the shootings but say in a news release that they are not searching for any other suspects.
Officers say they arrived to find 91-year-old Helen Forster North and 62-year-old Eric Allen North dead of gunshot wounds Wednesday afternoon inside the home.
Police say the two lived together and that a family member had found their bodies when the person came to check on them. Police didn’t specify their relationship.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- How Wake County is working to curb a potential surge in evictions
- Machine recount affirms Newby’s lead over Beasley in NC chief justice race
- WNCN, other Nexstar stations removed from DISH lineup
- ‘The day is finally here.’ Greg Olsen shares first look at new pediatric heart center at Levine Children’s Hospital