MANTEO, N.C. (WNCN/WAVY) — An actress from shows like ‘The Chi’ and ‘The Wire’ spent time behind bars over the weekend at the Outer Banks.
According to the Dare County Sheriff’s Office, deputies arrested 55-year-old Sonja Sohn early Sunday morning on charges of felony cocaine possession.
On July 21, Sohn was pulled over by authorities at around 12 a.m. near the Washington Baum Bridge in Manteo, North Carolina.
During the traffic stop, a K-9 detected the odor of a controlled substance and a search was conducted.
During the search, authorities were able to find an unspecified amount of cocaine as well as marijuana drug paraphernalia inside a purse in the car.
Deputies arrested on charges of felony cocaine possession, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, and another misdemeanor possession for marijuana drug paraphernalia.
Sohn was also cited for an expired registration and driving with a revoked license.
Her mug shot was released from Dare County authorities.
Sohn posted the $1,500 bail and left the sheriff’s office station six minutes later.
The actress has a court date set for Tuesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Third person dies from Legionnaire’s disease, NC health officials say
- NC assisted living facility workers accused of running fight club with dementia patients
- 10-year-old kicks attempted rapist in groin, escapes, records say
- Family identifies 84-year-old killed in Nash County house fire
- Fan seriously injured in assault after Luke Bryan concert, Raleigh police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now