MANTEO, N.C. (WNCN/WAVY) — An actress from shows like ‘The Chi’ and ‘The Wire’ spent time behind bars over the weekend at the Outer Banks.
According to the Dare County Sheriff’s Office, deputies arrested 55-year-old Sonja Sohn early Sunday morning on charges of felony cocaine possession.
On July 21, Sohn was pulled over by authorities at around 12 a.m. near the Washington Baum Bridge in Manteo, North Carolina.
During the traffic stop, a K-9 detected the odor of a controlled substance and a search was conducted.
During the search, authorities were able to find an unspecified amount of cocaine as well as marijuana drug paraphernalia inside a purse in the car.
Deputies arrested on charges of felony cocaine possession, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, and another misdemeanor possession for marijuana drug paraphernalia.
Sohn was also cited for an expired registration and driving with a revoked license.
Her mug shot was released from Dare County authorities.
Sohn posted the $1,500 bail and left the sheriff’s office station six minutes later.
The actress has a court date set for Tuesday.
- Sponsored Content: Feel Good Friday!
- Wake County to start public swimming pool inspections
- Girl attacked by pit bull while waiting for school bus in Halifax County, sheriff says
- Jeffries warns Trump’s words may ‘get someone killed’
- Egyptian police using fake Grindr accounts to arrest users, app says