MANTEO, N.C. (WNCN/WAVY) — An actress from shows like ‘The Chi’ and ‘The Wire’ spent time behind bars over the weekend at the Outer Banks.
According to the Dare County Sheriff’s Office, deputies arrested 55-year-old Sonja Sohn early Sunday morning on charges of felony cocaine possession.
On July 21, Sohn was pulled over by authorities at around 12 a.m. near the Washington Baum Bridge in Manteo, North Carolina.
During the traffic stop, a K-9 detected the odor of a controlled substance and a search was conducted.
During the search, authorities were able to find an unspecified amount of cocaine as well as marijuana drug paraphernalia inside a purse in the car.
Deputies arrested on charges of felony cocaine possession, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, and another misdemeanor possession for marijuana drug paraphernalia.
Sohn was also cited for an expired registration and driving with a revoked license.
Her mug shot was released from Dare County authorities.
Sohn posted the $1,500 bail and left the sheriff’s office station six minutes later.
The actress has a court date set for Tuesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County receives Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine; still no word about mass vaccination clinic
- 2 from NC among college baseball players arrested for hazing, SC deputies say
- 7-year-old girl who sold lemonade to pay for brain surgery recovering after procedure
- Police investigating shooting at Charlotte Walmart on Monday night
- SC man used crossbow to rob woman outside Myrtle Beach hotel, police say