BURLINGTON, N.C. (WGHP) — A Graham man stabbed his grandmother to death, according to Burlington police.
At about 2:32 p.m. Monday, police, fire crews and EMS responded to a reported death on the 1100 block of Kelso Lane.
At the scene, officers found 71-year-old Cynthia Ziller dead in her home.
Police determined she had been stabbed to death.
Early Wednesday morning, police found and arrested the victim’s grandson, Nathan Jeremiah Ziller, 25, of Graham.
Nathan Ziller is charged with first degree murder. He is being held in Alamance County Jail with no bond.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Burlington Police Department at (336) 229-3500. For anonymous methods, call Alamance County-Wide Crimestoppers at (336) 229-7100 or text 8398 to 274637 to text a tip, both with possible cash rewards.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mourners gather at the Supreme Court Building to honor Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Franklin County man to face murder charge after choking father to death, sheriff’s office says
- Body found in Virginia field positively ID’d as missing Raleigh man, police say
- Woman heartbroken after horse killed in hit-and-run in Durham County
- ‘Streetery’ event aims to promote downtown Durham businesses affected by pandemic
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now