GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — A fiery crash claimed three lives on U.S. 421 north, south of Pleasant Garden, in Guilford County.
Highway Patrol confirmed that three people were killed and two others were injured in the Wednesday morning wreck.
Troopers say a preliminary investigation shows that a vehicle stopped or stalled on the highway. The crash was reported around 8:45 a.m.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation reports the northbound lanes are closed near N.C. 62 and may not reopen until 2 p.m.
No detour information was provided by the NCDOT.
FOX8 viewer Kevin Cloniger shared photos of a dark-colored vehicle fully engulfed in flames.
The front of a nearby light-colored car is also damaged and on fire.
Another vehicle was stopped in the road.
— CBS 17 contributed to this report
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 4 hospitalized after shooting at Alabama shopping mall
- Virtual concert highlights Town of Clayton’s revised 4th of July plans
- VIDEO: 2 starfish near Myrtle Beach touch arm tips, then one takes shape of banana peel
- 911 calls about fireworks soar in Durham as few public July 4th celebrations planned
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Dad and son respond to driver with medical emergency
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now