GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — A fiery crash claimed three lives on U.S. 421 north, south of Pleasant Garden, in Guilford County.
Highway Patrol confirmed that three people were killed and two others were injured in the Wednesday morning wreck.
Troopers say a preliminary investigation shows that a vehicle stopped or stalled on the highway. The crash was reported around 8:45 a.m.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation reports the northbound lanes are closed near N.C. 62 and may not reopen until 2 p.m.
No detour information was provided by the NCDOT.
FOX8 viewer Kevin Cloniger shared photos of a dark-colored vehicle fully engulfed in flames.
The front of a nearby light-colored car is also damaged and on fire.
Another vehicle was stopped in the road.
— CBS 17 contributed to this report
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman heartbroken after horse killed in hit-and-run in Durham County
- ‘Streetery’ event aims to promote downtown Durham businesses affected by pandemic
- College football trophy on the road again; was supposed to make appearance at UNC
- Boy taken to hospital following shooting in Durham, police say
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now