NORTH TOPSAIL BEACH, N.C. (WNCN) — At least person was pulled from the ocean Friday afternoon at North Topsail Beach.
A rip current statement is in effect for the surf in the area until Friday night.
The incident was reported around 3:30 p.m. in the ocean near the access area across from the Rogers Bay property, according to authorities and a witness.
A person was treated by EMS at the scene and was then taken from the scene. The person’s condition was not known Friday evening.
The National Weather Service said a moderate risk of rip currents was in effect until 8 p.m. for several coastal counties, including North Topsail Beach.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wilson 12-year-old’s car seat invention helps prevents babies from dying in hot cars
- Young girl among Chicago’s July Fourth weekend of 17 killed, 70 wounded
- 2 brothers killed in road rage incident on July 4th, officials say
- Faculty wants Washington and Lee to change name, but college says ‘no current plans’
- Man catches 112-pound catfish in Mississippi River