ASHEBORO, N.C. (AP) — The chief executive of North Carolina’s largest insurer will retain his job despite a drunken driving arrest earlier this summer.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina issued a statement Thursday saying that its president and CEO, Patrick Conway, was in a car accident in June.
News outlets report that court records show Conway was involved in a June crash on Interstate 85 in Randolph County. No one was injured, but Conway’s two daughters were in the car at the time; he was charged with driving while impaired and misdemeanor child abuse.
A hearing is scheduled for Oct. 8.
In its statement Blue Cross said its board of trustees has reviewed the incident and decided to retain Conway, citing his leadership skills.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man injured in shooting near downtown Raleigh
- Pedestrian hit on I-40 causes westbound lanes to close near US-70
- Durham family, police ask for help locating missing woman
- No. 2 Duke rolls past Central Arkansas 105-54 for 3-0 start
- Deputies: Florida man dead after running from deputies, getting naked, crashing cop car
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now