ASHEBORO, N.C. (AP) — The chief executive of North Carolina’s largest insurer will retain his job despite a drunken driving arrest earlier this summer.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina issued a statement Thursday saying that its president and CEO, Patrick Conway, was in a car accident in June.
News outlets report that court records show Conway was involved in a June crash on Interstate 85 in Randolph County. No one was injured, but Conway’s two daughters were in the car at the time; he was charged with driving while impaired and misdemeanor child abuse.
A hearing is scheduled for Oct. 8.
In its statement Blue Cross said its board of trustees has reviewed the incident and decided to retain Conway, citing his leadership skills.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Work-at-home offers are the most-common scam while many in NC are unemployed, BBB says
- Raleigh police investigating hazmat situation at nursing home
- At least 1 pulled from surf at NC coast amid rip current risk
- PHOTOS: Man walking dog along beach finds house washed away in OBX
- Tennessee police chief’s tweet condemning police brutality goes viral
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now