MAXTON, NC (WBTW) – A body was found inside a vehicle after a fire in Robeson County.
Around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, deputies responded to the 300 block of Greely Road in Maxton for a “vehicle fire with a body inside of the vehicle,” the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office said. The body will be sent to the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy to determine a cause of death.
The RCSO Homicide and Arson Divisions are investigating. Robeson County Emergency Management assisted with the investigation and the Prospect Fire Department responded to the fire.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the sheriff’s office at 910-671-3170 or 910-671-3100.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Confederate statue removed by authorities in Clinton after monument vandalized
- 2 dead in shootings just 2 minutes apart in Fayetteville Sunday
- Power restored after 10,000 customers in Raleigh left in the dark
- Wake County hair salons, barbershops slowly recovering after reopening
- NC driver puts car in wrong gear, hitting 7 people, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now