CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WJZY) – A protester was rescued by emergency crews after falling through the steel grates along the sidewalk during ongoing protests late Saturday night in uptown Charlotte.
Charlotte Fire, EMS and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police all responded to the scene within minutes.
It took emergency crews about 15 minutes to lift the person up out of the ground on a stretcher. The man was rushed to an area hospital for treatment.
There was no word on the extent of his injuries at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Bus driver beaten to death after asking passengers to wear face masks
- 1 wounded in shooting at North Raleigh apartments
- Some NC restaurants say customers are not complying with the mask mandate
- Veteran dies of COVID-19 complications after posting on Facebook that he refused to wear a mask
- Black Lives Matter mural in front of Trump Tower vandalized