The last time these two planets came this close was about 800 years ago.
Jupiter and Saturn appear extremely close to each other in the sky, creating the so-called “Christmas Star.”
FOX8 photojournalist Aaron Shindledecker captured a timelapse video of the Christmas Star in High Point. You can watch it in the player above.
- Towing issues frustrate residents of 3 Raleigh neighborhoods
- SC elementary student was sexually assaulted on school bus ‘in full view of driver,’ lawsuit claims
- Gov. Cooper vetoes school reopening bill; Legislature could override veto
- NC man gets 34 years for Garner jewelry store heist during Tropical Storm Michael, 2nd robbery near coast
- State, health leaders work to address COVID-19 vaccine inequity across NC