CLYDE, N.C. (WNCN) – Eastbound Interstate 40 is closed near the Tennessee border due to a crash Friday evening, the North Carolina Department of Transportation said.
The incident was reported just before 6 p.m. in Haywood County. The crash happened near mile marker 17.5 and the Fines Creek Road exit, NCDOT said.
Drivers are instructed to follow the directions of on-scene law enforcement. NCDOT initially said the road was expected to remain closed until 10 p.m., but later updated the estimate to 12:30 a.m. Saturday.
No other information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19
- Winning jackpot numbers for Mega Millions are chosen
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Durham city leaders pass nondiscrimination ordinance, includes hair
- Police, parents outraged over camera found inside girls changing room at Tennessee cheer studio