CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) – A customer was killed in what firefighters are calling an industrial accident in southwest Charlotte Friday afternoon.
The incident happened before 3:30 p.m. at a business on Westinghouse Boulevard near Brookford Street.
According to police, a piece of stone merchandise fell on a customer inside the building.
Firefighters attempted life-saving measures, but the male victim died at the scene.
The victim’s name has not been released. The business appears to sell slabs of granite.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the incident.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
- North Carolina man charged in connection to Capitol riots, FBI says
- Fayetteville man behind bars after trooper pulls him over for speeding, finds gun and drugs
- Breakup is catalyst for Lee County murder-suicide, sheriff’s office says
- New, free COVID-19 testing site planned for Wendell this week
- 12 in National Guard removed from inauguration security after FBI vetting