LUMBERTON, N.C. (WBTW) — Deputies arrested a Lumberton man Thursday after they say he assaulted a child, according to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office.
Tory Norris, 21, was charged with felony intentional child abuse resulting in serious physical injury after deputies responded to Southeastern Health in reference to an assault on an infant.
The child involved is 3-months-old, deputies said.
Norris was booked into the Robeson County Detention Center on $400,000 bond, which was increased to $800,000 during his court appearance Friday morning, deputies said.
The case was investigated by the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office Juvenile Division. Anyone with information is asked to call 910-671-3140.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Texas early voting exceeds total of all 2016 ballots
- McRib is back: McDonald’s fan-favorite to be available nationwide for first time since 2012
- Daughter watches massive tree crush family’s home during Tropical Storm Zeta in NC
- Suspect in critical condition after NC officer-involved shooting
- California county confirms first flu and COVID-19 co-infection