UNION COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) – A man was arrested Sunday after deputies say he walked into the Union County Sheriff’s Office and admitted to killing his daughter at his home.
Officials say 32-year-old Joshua Lee Burgess is now charged with murder in the death of his 15-year-old daughter, Zaria Joshalyn Burgess, of Monroe. Investigators say after turning himself in, Joshua Burgess “provided detailed information concerning his daughter’s death and where her body was located.”
Deputies then went to Joshua Burgess’ home, on Hampton Meadows Road near Wesley Chapel, and found his daughter’s body.
No further details have been released and this remains an active investigation.
Anyone with information about the case should immediately call the Union County Sheriff’s Office at 704-283-3789 or Union County Crime Stoppers at 704-283-5600.
- The Hollywood writers strike ends after guild leaders approve contract with studios
- UNC men’s basketball releases 2023-24 schedule
- Wedding hall fire kills at least 100 people, injures 150 more in northern Iraq
- House GOP advances four spending bills after failed attempts
- California enacts first gun and ammunition tax in the country
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.