UNION COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) – A man was arrested Sunday after deputies say he walked into the Union County Sheriff’s Office and admitted to killing his daughter at his home.
Officials say 32-year-old Joshua Lee Burgess is now charged with murder in the death of his 15-year-old daughter, Zaria Joshalyn Burgess, of Monroe. Investigators say after turning himself in, Joshua Burgess “provided detailed information concerning his daughter’s death and where her body was located.”
Deputies then went to Joshua Burgess’ home, on Hampton Meadows Road near Wesley Chapel, and found his daughter’s body.
No further details have been released and this remains an active investigation.
Anyone with information about the case should immediately call the Union County Sheriff’s Office at 704-283-3789 or Union County Crime Stoppers at 704-283-5600.
- Anne Heche ‘not expected to survive’ after car crash, rep says
- Florida teacher quits after staff removed posters of Black leaders
- New DOT rule could make air travel less hellish: How it could help you
- FBI agents found dozens of classified documents in Mar-a-Lago search: sources
- Trump calls for ‘immediate release’ of Mar-a-Lago search warrant, says lawyers won’t oppose DOJ move
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.