GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) – A North Carolina sheriff’s office says a man has been charged after deputies say he kidnapped a teenager who he threatened to kill and two children.
News sources report the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office arrested 25-year-old James Smith and charged him with kidnapping, assault by pointing a gun and communicating threats.
Investigators say he kidnapped a person at least 16 years old and two children ages 8 and 9.
According to arrest warrants, Smith threatened each victim with a gun and told the 16-year-old “I will blow your head off.”
Smith appeared in court on Tuesday.
He was placed in jail under a $458,000 secured bond. It’s not known if he has an attorney.
- Vice President Pence making 2 campaign stops in NC Saturday
- Person at West Millbrook Middle School tests positive for COVID-19
- Fauci: Life as we knew it won’t return until ‘many, many months’ into 2021
- Dabo Swinney confirms QB Trevor Lawrence to miss BC game due to COVID-19
- Member of Cary elementary school tests positive for COVID-19
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now