CONETOE, N.C. (WNCT) – Deputies said that a shooter acted in self-defense during a fight reported at a convenience store in Conetoe.
The Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office said that a man and a woman got in a fight inside Bob’s Fuel, formerly Conetoe Discount.
After the man left the store, he was shot.
The man, identified as Raekwon Hines, was taken to Vidant Edgecombe Hospital in Tarboro where he died.
One woman was taken in to custody at the scene.
Based on surveillance video and witness interviews, deputies established that Hines’ killer acted in self-defense.
Deputies consulted with the District Attorney’s Office on this case and the shooter will not face any charges.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Campbell women’s soccer takes conference title, learns Monday their foe in NCAA Tournament
- Triangle doctors discuss rare clots found in handful of J&J COVID-19 vaccine recipients
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it
- NC women takeing classes to protect themselves after sexual assault and violence
- Man charged with hit-and-run in Raleigh crash that injured motorcyclist, closed US 1 for hours