RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Three big area universities – Duke, UNC-Chapel Hill, and East Carolina – are holding virtual graduation celebrations beginning today due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Local college seniors will get the chance to (virtually) celebrate the end of their college careers this weekend.
Information on any virtual celebrations or commencements at North Carolina State University, North Carolina Central University, or Shaw University was not found online.
St. Augustine’s University will be holding their virtual commencement celebration on May 15.
All local area schools have previously said that they will find a way to honor their 2020 class.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- VIDEO: Durham firefighters use jaws of life to get man out of SUV that crashed into tree
- SpaceX set to launch NASA astronauts to orbit in historic private spaceflight
- White woman fired after backlash from racist Central Park confrontation
- Major I-440 ramps set to close overnight Wednesday for work, NCDOT says
- VIDEO: Russian planes fly close to US jet for more than 1 hour over Mediterranean Sea
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now