RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Three big area universities – Duke, UNC-Chapel Hill, and East Carolina – are holding virtual graduation celebrations beginning today due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Local college seniors will get the chance to (virtually) celebrate the end of their college careers this weekend.
Information on any virtual celebrations or commencements at North Carolina State University, North Carolina Central University, or Shaw University was not found online.
St. Augustine’s University will be holding their virtual commencement celebration on May 15.
All local area schools have previously said that they will find a way to honor their 2020 class.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Thousands sign petition to remove ‘White Pride’ billboard along Arkansas highway
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Police searching for person who shot a woman overnight in East Raleigh
- 2-year-old facing life-threatening injuries after being shot in Charlotte
- NC high school athletes in holding pattern as NCHSAA decides on pause during pandemic
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now