RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Three big area universities – Duke, UNC-Chapel Hill, and East Carolina – are holding virtual graduation celebrations beginning today due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Local college seniors will get the chance to (virtually) celebrate the end of their college careers this weekend.
Information on any virtual celebrations or commencements at North Carolina State University, North Carolina Central University, or Shaw University was not found online.
St. Augustine’s University will be holding their virtual commencement celebration on May 15.
All local area schools have previously said that they will find a way to honor their 2020 class.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Here’s why you can get a COVID shot if you’ve smoked 100 or more cigarettes in your lifetime
- Lawmakers introduce bills to ban transgender girls from high school teams, but can’t cite local examples
- NCDHHS: Most long-term care facilities can resume indoor visitation due to drop in COVID-19 cases
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Moore Research and Chubby’s Tacos
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell