GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCN/WNCT) – East Carolina University’s Board of Trustees approved Friday alcohol sales at all ECU athletic events.
North Carolina State University approved alcohol sales at its games on Wednesday. Lawmakers approved the plan in mid-June and left it to each school’s board for approval.
ECU’s Board of Trustees also discussed issues with the budget, enrollment, and health sciences. The university had announced last month an immediate hiring freeze due to an expected budget decrease of $16 million for the upcoming fiscal year.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Miami stuns No. 16 Louisville 78-72
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson 85-50 to stay perfect in ACC
- Gun show in Raleigh draws crowds; some concerned gun laws could change
- Woman dies in NC crash; other driver had license revoked, was speeding, police say
- Fabbri’s late goal lifts Red Wings over Hurricanes 4-2