GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCN/WNCT) – East Carolina University’s Board of Trustees approved Friday alcohol sales at all ECU athletic events.
North Carolina State University approved alcohol sales at its games on Wednesday. Lawmakers approved the plan in mid-June and left it to each school’s board for approval.
ECU’s Board of Trustees also discussed issues with the budget, enrollment, and health sciences. The university had announced last month an immediate hiring freeze due to an expected budget decrease of $16 million for the upcoming fiscal year.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Game of the Week: Clayton takes down Fuquay-Varina in shootout to win 2nd straight | Week 5
- Teen girl reported missing near NC coast
- Holly Springs sweeps non-conference slate with 49-20 win at Cary
- Drive of the Week: Holly Springs wastes no time opening scoring | Week 5
- Nose gear collapses as small plane lands at Fayetteville airport
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now