GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – East Carolina University offensive guard Cortez Laquan Herrin was arrested late Saturday night, according to Pitt County court records.
The offensive lineman is charged with possession with intent to sell or distribute (felony) and possession of marijuana paraphernalia (misdemeanor).
Herrin, 22, is being held on a $5,000 bond.
East Carolina head coach Mike Houston released a statement about the situation on Sunday.
“We are aware of the matter concerning Cortez Herrin. He has been suspended indefinitely from all football activities as we continue to gather information,” Houston said.
Herrin is a key player for the Pirates offensive line, recording time in 27 career games. The senior suffered a knee injury for the 2019 season but still managed to play in six games.
WNCT will continue to monitor this situation and update you as we learn more concerning Herrin’s future with the Pirates.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- At least 2 people injured after Raleigh police car involved in crash, officials say
- UNC fans rush Franklin Street, blocking traffic after 2nd win over Duke
- UNC breezes to 2nd win over Duke, 91-73
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle along I-95 in Cumberland County
- 2 injured in vehicle crash that closes part of Cole Mill Road in Durham