GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – East Carolina University offensive guard Cortez Laquan Herrin was arrested late Saturday night, according to Pitt County court records.
The offensive lineman is charged with possession with intent to sell or distribute (felony) and possession of marijuana paraphernalia (misdemeanor).
Herrin, 22, is being held on a $5,000 bond.
East Carolina head coach Mike Houston released a statement about the situation on Sunday.
“We are aware of the matter concerning Cortez Herrin. He has been suspended indefinitely from all football activities as we continue to gather information,” Houston said.
Herrin is a key player for the Pirates offensive line, recording time in 27 career games. The senior suffered a knee injury for the 2019 season but still managed to play in six games.
WNCT will continue to monitor this situation and update you as we learn more concerning Herrin’s future with the Pirates.
- Pedestrian struck, killed while crossing road in Cary
- RDU still looking to expand as passenger traffic grows more than expected
- Family Dollar worker killed during armed robbery in Goldsboro; 2 suspects captured, police say
- Ever wanted a lighthouse? US is giving some away, selling others at auction
- Lenoir County paramedic shot while responding to call