EMERALD ISLE, N.C. (WNCN) – According to a Facebook post made to a neighborhood page, a Boardwalk RV resident chased a stranger and his dog off her property Sunday.
As it turns out, the man was a plain-clothed Secret Service agent with a bomb-sniffing dog. The duo was scoping out the area prior to President Donald Trump’s scheduled visit, which ended up getting canceled Monday afternoon.
On Sunday afternoon, a Boardwalk RV resident affectionately known as Ms. Joanne spotted a man she didn’t recognize walking his dog through the Boardwalk RV Park, which is private property that she supervises.
As the area supervisor Ms. Joanne, who is in her 80s, routinely patrols the area in her “security” golf cart.
After speaking with the man, she told him he had no business being there. He left without incident.
The next day, the man returned wearing his Secret Service uniform. He explained to Ms. Joanne that he was part of an advance team sweeping the area ahead of Trump’s planned visit to examine damage from Hurricane Dorian.
The two took time to pose for a picture to go along with a story neither will ever forget.
Unfortunately, Trump’s visit to Emerald Isle was canceled due to severe weather in the area.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- McDougald Terrace residents demand answers, action from Durham city leaders
- Still recovering, 12-year-old girl hit by car in Cary months ago prepares to go back to school
- ‘I was scared, and now I’m mad,’ says woman suing Raleigh Radiology
- Clemson rallies from 10 points down to top Deacons 71-68
- Man dies after being ejected in single-vehicle wreck in Clayton, troopers say