STATESVILLE, N.C. (WJZY) – An Iredell-Statesville school teacher has been suspended with pay during an Iredell Sheriff’s Office investigation.
According to Iredell-Statesville Schools, Elizabeth Wright, a math teacher at Agriculture and Science Early College, was suspended on August 13.
Wright was a math teacher at North Iredell Middle School from 2012 through 2017.
The Iredell County Sheriff’s Office released this statement to WJZY:
“We are currently working an investigation which came to us from the Iredell-Statesville School System. It came is as suspicious activity and was assigned to our Special Victims Unit for follow up. The investigation is still ongoing at this time.”
WJZY is working to learn more.
- Vehicle crash closes parts of Triangle Expressway in Durham County
- UNC students create device that uses light to sanitize items amid COVID-19 pandemic
- 1 dead, firefighter injured after NC home set fire, officials say
- VCU fraternity suspended following the death of a 19-year-old freshman
- Dozens line up outside Bass Pro Shop to buy ammunition in Virginia