BOLTON, N.C. (WNCN) – A Columbus County roadway that is a popular route to beaches is closed due to flooding, the North Carolina Department of Transportation said Thursday evening.
N.C. 211 is closed just south of N.C. 214, which is in the Bolton area and east of lake Waccamaw. NCDOT is monitoring it and will inspect the road Friday once floodwaters recede.
Drivers are encouraged to use N.C. 87 as an alternate route.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC health officials anticipate spike in cases of COVID-19 following Trump rally
- ‘My struggles continue’: Ronnie Long seeks pardon after wrongful conviction overturned
- Goldsboro shooting leaves man hospitalized
- Plans for Walkable Midtown moving forward
- US announces sanctions against Iran for attempted election interference