ALEXANDER COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) – An employee with Alexander County Schools in North Carolina was charged after deputies said she assaulted a student with a disability.
Dottie Lynn Bailey, 45, is charged with misdemeanor assault on a handicapped person. Investigators said Bailey is accused of “assaulting and striking” a student with a disability “by forcefully grabbing her arm and spanking her bottom” on Dec. 13.
District officials confirmed Bailey was a teacher at Hiddenite Elementary School until she resigned in December.
Bailey was formally charged on Jan. 16 when she turned herself into the Alexander County Sheriff’s Office. She was given a $5,000 bond.
No further information has been released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC State vs. UNC: Roy Williams looking to become 3rd coach with 200 ACC wins
- It’s sweet and savory, but would you eat it? KFC’s Chicken & Donut Sandwich
- Photo of dog joining Ohio boy during timeout goes viral
- Man accused of raping, abusing infant sentenced to 4 years in prison
- First African Film Festival Opens in Fayetteville
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2020 WBTV. All rights reserved.