MATTHEWS, N.C. (WBTV) – Harris Teeter announced it will hire more than 5,000 workers in an effort to fulfill a growing retail and distribution center demand from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The grocer will provide employees with health insurance options, a 401(k) plan, paid personal and vacation time, education assistance and support through its internal employee assistance fund.
“During this unprecedented time, I am inspired by how our valued associates have risen to the challenge to be there for our shoppers and communities when they need us most,” Rod Antolock, president of Harris Teeter, said in a statement. “We are committed to helping our neighbors-in-need, including the many restaurant and food service industry employees that have been displaced from their jobs.”
Harris Teeter has more than 250 stores in seven states and Washington, D.C.
Interested candidates can apply by visiting their jobs website.
Copyright 2020 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Border agent charged with violating woman’s civil rights by forbidding cellphone recording of arrest
- Tillis or Cunningham: Which candidate is receiving more search traffic?
- Cracker Barrel set to add alcoholic drinks to its menus
- Bilingual newspaper celebrates heritage, keeps Latino community connected
- Child sex offender at Butner dies after testing positive for COVID-19 for 2nd time, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now