STATESVILLE, N.C. (WBTV) – Deputies in Iredell County arrested a man Monday after a homeowner reportedly found him burglarizing a home and held him at gunpoint until law enforcement arrived.
The incident happened at a home on Turnersburg Highway in Statesville. Officials say the homeowner returned home to find the back door had been pried open. He then found 26-year-old Brandon Taylor Knight in a bedroom stealing jewelry, the report states.
The homeowner held Knight at gunpoint until deputies arrived and took him into custody.
“It is lucky for this suspect, this investigation did not end in a drastically different way,” said Sheriff Darren E. Campbell.
During the investigation, deputies found that two other nearby homes had been broken into as well. They say Knight had stolen property on him.
Knight was arrested and charged with two counts of felony breaking and entering, and two counts of felony larceny after breaking and entering. Investigators say more charges are expected.
Knight is being held on a $30,000 secured bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Report: Washington Redskins to remove Native American imagery
- Tulsa health official says Trump rally ‘likely contributed’ to spike in coronavirus cases
- Ivy League calls off fall sports due to outbreak
- Man in stolen SUV arrested after crashing into woman in stolen car, police say
- Supply shortages slow down COVID-19 testing in North Carolina
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.