RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — If you like meat, cheese and things that have been deep-fried – you’re in luck.
The North Carolina State Fair released its list of 34 new foods for this year’s event.
The 34 new foods range from the relatively healthy – such as Cool Runnings Jamaican’s jerk chicken rice bowl – to the not-so-healthy, like nearly everything else on the list.
Some of the foods that will surely be the talk of the fair include a Reese’s Donut, pumpkin spice hushpuppies, roasted pumpkin spice corn, a “Crack-n-Cheese” stuffed turkey leg, candied apple hushpuppy with Cheerwine sugar glaze, and a red velvet cheese enchilada funnel cake.
There is also “The Chickenator,” a fried chicken breast between cinnamon buns, topped with pepper jack cheese and bacon, and honey sauce.
To check out the full list (and see all the pictures), click here.
The 2019 North Carolina State Fair runs from Oct. 17-27. Click here for more information on this year’s fair.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Panera Bread worker says TikTok video showing frozen mac-and-cheese got her fired
- Thief waited for customer to pay before grabbing cash at Fayetteville store, police say
- Patient dies after being left unattended for more than an hour in hospital’s ER waiting room
- Fort Worth officer resigns after killing woman in her own home
- Amber Alert expanded for abducted Alabama 3-year-old; 2 in custody
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now