WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – The man accused in a deadly mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio was apparently in downtown Wilmington two years ago.
A picture that’s appeared in multiple news articles shows Connor Betts, 24, and his sister with downtown Wilmington in the backdrop from a Facebook post in 2017.
Betts is accused of opening fire with a .223 caliber high-capacity rifle in a nightlife district of downtown Dayton as bars were closing early Sunday morning. Betts was fatally shot by police but not before he killed nine people, including his sister.
We’re working to learn more details about Betts visit to the Wilmington area.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Dentist offices face fiscal impact, readjust procedures to keep patients safe amid COVID-19
- NC sheriff expresses disgust over the actions that led to George Floyd’s death
- CNN crew released after on-air arrest while covering Minneapolis protests
- Trump tweets ‘when the looting starts, the shooting starts’. Twitter adds ‘glorifying violence’ warning
- Teens in Florida county must take driving test remotely
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now