WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – The man accused in a deadly mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio was apparently in downtown Wilmington two years ago.
A picture that’s appeared in multiple news articles shows Connor Betts, 24, and his sister with downtown Wilmington in the backdrop from a Facebook post in 2017.
Betts is accused of opening fire with a .223 caliber high-capacity rifle in a nightlife district of downtown Dayton as bars were closing early Sunday morning. Betts was fatally shot by police but not before he killed nine people, including his sister.
We’re working to learn more details about Betts visit to the Wilmington area.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Possible abduction reported in Fayetteville after teen girl seen forced into car, police say
- NC family shaken after being robbed at gunpoint at home; teens charged in crime spree
- Pence to visit NC Sunday for worship service with Franklin Graham
- Record-setting early voting period ends in NC
- No. 1 Clemson rallies in 34-28 win over Boston College
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now