WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – The man accused in a deadly mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio was apparently in downtown Wilmington two years ago.
A picture that’s appeared in multiple news articles shows Connor Betts, 24, and his sister with downtown Wilmington in the backdrop from a Facebook post in 2017.
Betts is accused of opening fire with a .223 caliber high-capacity rifle in a nightlife district of downtown Dayton as bars were closing early Sunday morning. Betts was fatally shot by police but not before he killed nine people, including his sister.
We’re working to learn more details about Betts visit to the Wilmington area.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Police: 9-year-old shot, killed in Durham; 8-year-old wounded
- Florida man who allegedly said he wants to set record and kill 100 people in mass shooting is arrested
- Four Loko teases new seltzer with nearly triple the alcohol content of its competitors
- Man finds 50-year-old message in a bottle from Russian Navy on Alaskan shore
- Expert: These car seats sold online are ‘not safe at all’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now