WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WGHP) — Winston-Salem City Council made the Dixie Classic Fair name change official Monday night, voting 6-2 to change the name to the Carolina Classic Fair.
The new name was selected at last week’s Community Development/Housing/General Government Committee meeting.
It will cost an estimated $97,000 in painting, replacing signage and ordering new banners.
The money will come out of the $2 million in fair reserves.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fort Bragg Twitter account deleted after hack leads to lewd messages
- Wednesday, October 21st – Spruce up your home for the season, learn how to manage anxiety and stress healthily
- Tackle DIY home projects with these awesome products
- Kamala Harris visits Truist Field for fundraiser event
- Rises in COVID cases, hospitalizations line up with shift to Phase 3
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now