WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP/WNCN) – An overturned tractor-trailer tanker in North Carolina caused all lanes of Interstate 74 West to close for several hours Sunday at the merge to Interstate 40 near Winston-Salem.
Authorities said the roadway was closed around 3 p.m. It reopened around 6:45 p.m.
During the closure traffic was being diverted to I-40 eastbound.
Fire officials said there was a small leak coming from the tanker that HazMat crews were able to contain.
Authorities say the driver of the tractor-trailer appeared to suffer minor injuries and was transported to a local hospital.
A photo of the wreck from Winston-Salem fire officials showed the tanker on its side after it slid for several feet and smashed through a metal barrier.
- Spam introduces limited-edition pumpkin spice flavor
- North Carolina airports to receive $17 million in infrastructure funding
- NC deputies investigating fatal crossbow shooting
- 2019 Starry Night Walk at Dorothea Dix will raise money to cure childhood brain tumors
- Panthers QB Newton to miss 2nd straight game
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now