RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — If you were hoping to skip the lines at testing locations and self-administer your COVID-19 test at home, you’re going to need to wait.
The company said that they’re pausing orders “to meet customer expectations during limited holiday shipping delivery windows.”
Demand for the at-home testing kit is likely high right now due to the holiday season, surging COVID cases across the state, and the fact that many testing locations are dealing with hour-plus wait times and appointments booked days in advance, which is making it harder for people to get tested in a timely manner.
The Pixel self-collection kits are provided for free – with overnight shipping – to North Carolina residents thanks to a partnership between Labcorp and the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
Another option to get an at-home test delivered to you is to order one online through a pharmacy. Several online and brick-and-mortar stores have placed limits on how many can be purchased. The internet is flooded with the at-home test but they’re not all authorized by the FDA. Below are tests the FDA has permitted for at-home use:
- BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test
- BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test
- BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card 2 Home Test
- Access Bio, Inc. – CareStart COVID-19 Antigen Home Test
- ACON Laboratories, Inc – Flowflex COVID-19 Antigen Home Test
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) – BD Veritor At-Home COVID-19 Test
- Celltrion USA, Inc. – Celltrion DiaTrust COVID-19 Ag Home Test
- Cue Health Inc. – Cue COVID-19 Test for Home and Over The Counter (OTC) Use
- Detect, Inc. – Detect Covid-19 Test
- Ellume Limited – Ellume COVID-19 Home Test
- iHealth Labs, Inc. – iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid
- InBios International Inc.
- Lucira CHECK-IT COVID-19 Test Kit
- Lucira COVID-19 All-In-One Test Kit (Prescription)
- InteliSwab COVID-19 Rapid Test
- InteliSwab COVID-19 Rapid Test Rx
- QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test
- QuickVue At-Home COVID-19 Test
Click here to find testing locations and events across the state.