LUMBERTON, N.C. (WNCN) – A 19-year-old is wanted for injuring a toddler while shooting into residences in Lumberton on Tuesday, the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday.
De’Vern Jaquan Inman, 19, of Orrum, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and two counts each of discharging a weapon into an occupied dwelling and felony conspiracy. He was also charged with injury to personal property, the sheriff’s office said.
Shortly after 10 p.m. Tuesday, deputies responded to a report of a person shot on Eagle Wood Loop in Lumberton. A 4-year-old boy with a gunshot wound had been taken to the hospital before deputies arrived. The boy’s injuries were described as non-life-threatening, a news release said.
Deputies determined the boy had been shot while inside his residence, which was one of two shot into. The suspects were last seen driving a burgundy Dodge SUV toward Lumberton on N.C. 41 north, deputies said.
The sheriff’s office encouraged anyone with information to call 910-671-3140 or 910-671-3170.
- Tropical Storm Peter forms along with a new tropical depression
- Vaccines in your salad? Scientists growing medicine-filled plants to replace injections
- ‘Certainly a twist’: Agents search in Wyoming for Gabby Petito, in Florida for fiance Brian Laundrie
- Raleigh group creates online database to track law enforcement misconduct
- Howell, Chandler, Downs help No. 21 UNC beat Virginia 59-39