GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — Charges have been filed in a crash that killed a 7-year-old girl in Guilford County on Saturday, according to Master Trooper Brandon Baker.
Yoslien Estrada Alonso, 34, of Archdale, is charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle and reckless driving.
The crash happened around 4:30 p.m. on Harlow Drive.
Shea Marcille Requejo-Croft, 31, of Randleman, and her husband Luis Angel Requejo, 37, were taken to local hospitals with serious injuries.
Jacquelyn Requejo-Croft, 9, and Julianna Requejo-Croft, 7, were in the car with them and were also taken to the hospital.
Jacquelyn suffered minor injuries and Julianna passed away at Brenner Children’s Hospital.
Troopers say Alonso was driving a red Ford pickup truck south on Harlow Drive when he ran off the road to the right and lost control.
He then crossed the center line and hit a dark blue Toyota Camry that was being driven by Shea Requejo-Croft.
There is no word on Alonso’s next court date.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Yelp: 60 percent of businesses that closed due to COVID-19 are closed permanently
- Woman hit by car in North Raleigh; road closed
- Michelob Ultra looking to pay ‘chief exploration officer’ $50K to visit national parks
- Fayetteville remaining prepared despite Sally’s heavy remnants skipping over the city
- Ohio football players who carried police, fire flags on-field awarded scholarships
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now